A JUDGE has said delays in the trial of a man accused of causing the death by dangerous driving of eight people in County Donegal were ‘simply not good enough’ when the case was called at Letterkenny Circuit Court today.Shaun Kelly (24) from Hill Road, Ballymaggan, Buncrana, (above) appeared today after the case was adjourned last week to allow the DPP to identify a psychologist to carry out an assessment of him.However prosecuting counsel Patricia McLaughlin said the psychologist identified by the DPP was no longer providing assessments for court. She said the State had made extensive enquiries since Judge Keenan Johnson had adjourned the case a week ago.Two experts at the Beaumont Hospital in Dublin had been identified but the State had been unable to contact them despite phone calls and letters being sent.Judge Johnson said the delay in finding an expert was “simply not good enough.”He ordered the DPP to find an expert by Thursday.The judge also said the expert should be in a position to carry out a psychological assessment “within seven to ten days” of this Thursday to allow a fitness to plea hearing to take place.Judge Johnson said it “just beggars belief” that the case was continuing to “drag” on.Ms McLaughlin said the State had only received medical reports from the defence before last week’s hearing.She said she wanted to “apologise to the court” for the delays.Judge Johnson adjourned the case until Thursday.The men who died in the crash in Clonmany, Co Donegal, on July 11th, 2010 were Hugh Friel (66), Urris, Clonmany, Eamon McDaid (22)of Ballymagan, Buncrana; Mark McLaughlin, (21) of Ballinahone, Fahan; Paul Doherty (19), of Ardagh, Ballyliffin; Ciaran Sweeney (19), of Ballyliffin; PJ McLaughlin (21), of Rockstown, Burnfoot; James McEleney (23), of Meenaduff, Clonmany and Damien McLaughlin (21), of Umricam, Buncrana.DELAY IN INISHOWEN DEATH CRASH CASE ‘SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH’ – JUDGE was last modified: April 8th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
6 January 2014Adventure athlete extraordinaire Sean Conway, after becoming the first and only man in history to swim the length of Britain in 2013, has confirmed his place in the 2014 Aquelle Midmar Mile.Now based in the United Kingdom, Conway was educated in KwaZulu-Natal, but his father Tony, a conservationist, remains in South Africa and has been at the forefront of the fight to save the rhino for 35 years. Basing his visit around the Midmar Mile, the younger Conway will do his bit to raise funds for the Save the Rhino campaign when he returns to South Africa.Saving the rhino video“The last time I was in South Africa, I did a Saving Rhino video, which can be found on YouTube and some of which was filmed at the Midmar Dam, titled ‘Sean Conway in Beckham Spoof for Saving Rhino’,” he explained. “This time I’d like to go and see some of the work that’s being done in the field.“I’d also like to go back to Hilton and Clifton, where I went to school, and see some of the teachers. Both of those schools very much promoted an adventurous childhood of building forts, camping wild and being outdoors. I owe a lot to them really.“I’ll also be looking into logistics for my length of Africa run in 2015. There is a lot to plan and I’m looking for South African companies and people to join the project. It’s very exciting.”A challengeTaking on the Midmar Mile is going to be a challenge, he admitted, even for someone that overcame jellyfish, 20-foot waves, testing tides, and bone-aching cold to complete the length of Britain swim. However, it won’t be his first experience of the event.“I can’t wait,” he enthused. “When I did the swim in 1996, I did it with my school Clifton and I remember the excitement as we all drove there in the bus. I remember all the butterflies as I was on the start line. Hopefully I won’t be as nervous this time, but doing all eight races for charity is going to be tough for me. I’m not a sprinter, so it’s going to be a very different type of swim than what I’m used to.”Since completing his incredible Swimming Britain challenge on 11 November, life has been a whirlwind for Conway, whose previous exploits include cycling around the world and climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in a penguin suit. And just to add to those achievements, he did three-quarters of his epic cycle with a fractured back after being run over by a truck in the USA!‘Anything is possible’“I had no idea how much the swim would interest people,” he admitted. “It’s certainly captured people’s imagination and I’m currently doing talks, writing the book his fourth and helping people try and think a bit bigger and achieve what they thought couldn’t be done. I was constantly told Swimming Britain wasn’t possible and it just shows that with the right attitude, preparation, and a little bit of luck, anything is possible.”In an interesting twist, the huge red beard Conway grew to help counteract jellyfish stings during his big swim became a media sensation in its own right. It has since been shaved off – for charity, what else? – but he insists it is on its way back, which will ensure that he will be an easy man to identify at the world’s largest open water swimming event.The Aquelle Midmar Mile takes place on 8 and 9 February 2014. A significant fund- raiser for charities, it is an event for everyone and participants include swimmers with multiple disabilities through to Olympic champions and world record holders.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest If having difficulty watching this video, please refresh the page or click here to watch it on the Ohio Ag Net Facebook page.<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>
“We really like you, but your price is higher than what we are paying now.”If your prospective client is dissatisfied enough to move, they are dissatisfied enough to pay more for the better result that you are selling.The difference between your price and their incumbent supplier’s price is the value of eliminating the dissatisfaction that is compelling your prospect to change.Matching the PriceIf you are simply matching the price, you aren’t selling. You are allowing your prospect to gamble, to make a bet that what they are doing is working for them, that only their lousy supplier needs to change. This is why so many buyers change from one supplier to the next supplier to the next, never getting the result that they really need. The salespeople that call on them don’t sell them on change. They just replace the current supplier, leaving the dissatisfaction right where they found it.Reducing the PriceIf you are actually reducing the price, then “price” is what you are really selling. You aren’t selling the greater value that you create. Instead, you are removing the resistance to buying by eliminating price as an obstacle. You are trying to make selling easy. This lets the customer off the hook when it comes to change. They aren’t paying for new value, and they have no skin in the game. This is what weak salespeople and weak sales organizations do.Increasing the PriceWhen you ask for more money, your prospective client has to get serious about change. They are now paying more, and they are going to expect more. If you are really selling, you’ve helped your client understand what is going to need to change on their end, in addition to them paying more for the results they need. You will have told them about the time, the energy, and the leadership that is going to be required. And you will have sold them on the value that you are going to create and why it is worth paying more to obtain. If your prospective client is dissatisfied enough to move, they are dissatisfied enough to pay more for the better result that you are selling. Get the Free eBook! Want to master cold calling? Download my free eBook! Many would have you believe that cold calling is dead, but the successful have no fear of the phone; they use it to outproduce their competitors. Download Now
The Lady Eagles celebrate their third crown in six years. —SHERWIN VARDELEONThe UAAP Season 81 women’s volleyball crown was Ateneo’s destiny—and, as University of Santo Tomas found out, there was no changing that.The Lady Eagles, dominant at the start and steel-nerved at the finish, turned back the Tigresses, 25-17, 25-22, 25-22, in Game 3 of their championship series and soared to their old perch Saturday at Mall of Asia Arena.ADVERTISEMENT Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Ateneo thus bagged their third title in six years after they won their last one in 2015 while also spoiling the Tigresses’ bid to win their first in nine years.And for Sisi Rondina, the UST senior who wanted to leave in the din of a championship celebration, it was destiny.“This [championship] was really Ateneo’s destiny,” said Rondina in Filipino. “We just tried to stop it.”But the Tigresses couldn’t.Ateneo pounced on an erratic UST in the first set and took the best that the Tigresses could offer in the next two, using their vaunted defense anchored on lanky stars Maddie Madayag, Kat Tolentino and Bea de Leon to log 14 kill-blocks and blunt their foes’ 37-27 edge in spikes.ADVERTISEMENT Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP LATEST STORIES Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Ateneo looked to cruise in the third, taking a 19-15 lead on Madayag’s emphatic block on UST’s Eya Laure but the Golden Tigresses managed to storm back and tie it at 21-all on a Rondina kill.Madayag shattered the last tie with back-to-back points to put Ateneo at championship point. Jules Samonte then finished things off with an off-the-block kill.Tolentino finished with 15 points to lead Ateneo’s offense while Madayag had 10 points.Rondina had 18 points to lead the Tigresses while Laure had 10.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next My dream marathon: Running in the most famous of all road races Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue “It’s because of our faith and courage,” said Ateneo coach Oliver Almadro. “It’s really written, the Lord has plans, no matter the challenges, whatever it is, He will really give it to you.”It’s also about talent, about Ateneo’s seniors showing up and establishing right in the first set that no bunch of young upstarts led by a fiery graduating veteran was going to take away their moment of glory.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“It’s not how you start, it’s how you end,” added Almadro, whose wards lost their first game of the season to La Salle, the opening match of the Final Four to FEU and the start of the championship series to the Tigresses.But the Lady Eagles were not to be denied. View comments
Touch Football Australia (TFA) has undertaken a review of our Sport Education Courses and link to our athlete development pathway and game resources.With the introduction of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) FTEM framework of athlete development – www.ausport.gov.au/ftem, TFA has aligned this framework in both our coach, referee and athlete development programs. This commenced in 2013 and now is expanding to include the Referee Coach pathway.The process for individual course review has commenced and as this is undertaken further information will be updated and provided in due course. This has commenced with the Foundation Referee Coach Course which has been drafted and piloted late in October, and will continue into the Talent, Elite and Mastery areas in 2016.Furthermore the previous ‘workbook’ and accreditation system for referee coach levels 2-4 is no longer in circulation and cannot be completed as of this date.All future referee coach accreditation will be conducted through the FTEM model, and updating or recognition of prior learning/current competence requirements for coaches accredited in the previous system will also be provided in due course, once the curriculum is finalised.For more information, please click on the attachment below. If you require any further information please contact Tara Steel via email – [email protected] or phone 02 6212 2800. Related Filesreferee_coach_framework_update_memo-pdfRelated LinksRef Coach Framework
DALLAS, TX – NOVEMBER 26: Head coach Chad Morris of the Southern Methodist Mustangs enters the field before a game against the Navy Midshipmen at Gerald J. Ford Stadium on November 26, 2016 in Dallas, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)Chad Morris didn’t just pick up some coaching acumen during his time on Dabo Swinney’s staff. He apparently learned to dance as well. We’re less than three weeks from National Signing Day, but Morris couldn’t wait to break out in dance when thinking about his first full-cycle recruiting class at SMU. And dance he does.In 18 Days the next #StangGang16 will be introduced to our great city of @DallasTX n we gonna Party like….. pic.twitter.com/JEUbcjaNiD— Chad Morris (@coachchadmorris) January 16, 2016SMU’s class currently ranks No. 62 in the country, and No. 2 in the AAC. That’s solid progress for the Mustangs. Dance on, Coach.
New Delhi: Accusing the BJP of injecting “venom” into society and forwarding the RSS’ “fascist agenda”, CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury on Wednesday said economic growth could not happen in this environment. Continuing his attack on the BJP over lack of jobs and the state of the economy, Yechury in a series of tweets said the government was not addressing the issues plaguing the country. “If you work actively to destroy social harmony and inject venom into society as the BJP has done, there is no chance of any jobs being available for there shall not be any economic growth in such an environment. “Unemployment is at its highest in 50 years. Ironically, instead of tackling urgently the tumbling economy, the large-scale closures, and the laying off of jobs, dealing with the livelihoods of crores of people, the intention of this govt is to carry forward RSS’ fascistic agenda,” he said.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Former Prince George host Mark Harvey. (Betsy Trumpener/CBC) CBC Prince George’s original reporter, Kevin Brown, returned to the studio to share memories of the bureau’s early days. (Andrew Kurjata/CBC) It wasn’t the smoothest of starts. Similar preparations were underway as Daybreak South in Kelowna launched the same day, joining existing locations in Vancouver and Prince Rupert.“Champagne corks are popping all over the place and mixing with the coffee this morning,” said Michael McEwen, then CBC’s director of radio services on the day of the launches.Years later, Victoria and Kamloops also joined the provincewide coverage. Twitter Just a few of the faces at Daybreak South in Kelowna. Clockwise from top left: David French, Brady Strachan, Jaimie Kehler, Alya Ramadan, Marion Barschel, Bob Keating (Nelson), Christina Low, Chris Walker (Daybreak South) Login/Register With: Facebook Daybreak North co-host Russ Knutson remembers a pair of legs sticking out from underneath a console, just before the Prince George show went to air on Nov. 24, 1988.“It was one of the technicians from Vancouver, and there’s this little plume of smoke coming up,” Knutson said.“He was literally soldering wires together by my feet to start this show.” Thirty years ago, a brand new era for CBC Radio in British Columbia began with the launch of bureaus and morning programs broadcasting from studios in Prince George and Kelowna.“For the first time, we will be a truly provincial service that will reflect the province to itself and to the rest of the country,” announced Eric Moncur to listeners, as Daybreak North and Daybreak South went live for the first time. Advertisement Advertisement
TORONTO – Five things to watch for in the Canadian business world in the coming week:What’s next for NAFTA?Negotiators for Canada, Mexico and the U.S. are under the gun to make headway on a new NAFTA deal after passing the unofficial deadline of May 17, put in place to give Congress enough time to vote on it by the end of the year. Canadian officials say a deal is “close” but issues such as auto-sector content rules and a U.S.-proposed five-year sunset clause remain sticking points.Wholesale tradeStatistics Canada releases the wholesale trade figures for March on Tuesday. The agency said wholesale sales fell 0.8 per cent to $62.8 billion in February, the largest downward move and the second monthly drop since September 2017.Bank earnings kickoffCIBC will report second-quarter results on Wednesday, the first of the big banks to do so. The bank recently raised its posted five-year fixed-rate mortgage rate by 15 basis points, from 4.99 per cent to 5.14 per cent. The move followed similar announcements from Royal Bank and TD Bank, and are a result of rising bond yields.Royal updateRoyal Bank releases second-quarter results on Thursday. RBC CEO David McKay recently said that large tech companies pose a threat to banks, as their command of data allows them to not only deduce what customers’ needs are and direct them to preferred financial institutions, but also get into banking themselves.Latest from TDTD Bank reports its second-quarter results on Thursday. The bank recently followed Bank of Montreal by lowering its five-year variable closed rate to 2.45 per cent until the end of May. The moves come amid slowing mortgage growth and falling home sales, which hit a five-year low in April.