Email Advertisement Facebook NewsLocal NewsFAI flash red card to local newspaper for ‘very negative comment’By admin – February 24, 2011 678 Twitter Previous articleFriars’ generous gift remains unopenedNext articleMixed fortunes for Limerick admin Linkedin WhatsApp THE Football Association of Ireland (FAI) has criticised a Limerick newspaper (not the Limerick Post) for “addressing in such a negative manner, the work done by the association throughout the country”.City Council’s director of services, Pat Dowling, told councillors this week that the FAI had written to city council, following an address given in City Hall by businessman, Pat O’Sullivan, owner and chairman of Limerick FC, last December.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Not reading directly from the four page letter, Mr Dowling said the FAI voiced their concern that the newspaper’s coverage of Mr O’Sullivan’s presentation had included “very negative comment, rather than the good work done by the FAI throughout the country.“The FAI is at the very centre of things on the ground in Limerick to break down social barriers in the city,” the letter stated.“I and my colleagues can present to the Strategic Policy Committee the work done by us in Limerick,” the FAI executive wrote.Cllr Tom Shortt said he had been very impressed with Mr O’Sullivan’s contribution to the December meeting“Since then he has got a number of very good projects going, including training for young people with apraxia, which is very positive and while there was some unhappiness regarding the Barcelona match for Limerick, there was a perception that it could have gone ahead here – however, discussion is healthy, especially regarding the Market’s Field arena for soccer and other positive developments. I hope we see more people glad to crack the nut that is the Market’s Field,” he said.Emphasising the importance of the FAI playing a central role in the playing of soccer in Limerick city, Mr Dowling said he will be organising a meeting with the FAI and other key players in the development of the Market’s Field, including City of Limerick VEC. Print
Funko, the American toy company best known for its licensed figurines and bobbleheads of pop culture icons, has just announced that Jerry Garcia, Kurt Cobain, and Elton John will be the next three musicians to be captured as the company’s characteristic vinyl figures. For Funko’s upcoming Pop! Rocks: Series 3, Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain will be offered in three different editions, Elton John will be released with four different editions (one being an FYE exclusive glitter style), while the Grateful Dead frontman Jerry Garcia will be recreated in only one style (featuring his iconic guitar Rosebud).New Jerry Garcia Stories Uncovered Through Digitized Art CollectionThe Funko figurines will be available at FYE and Hot Topic, as well as on the company’s website. You can learn more about the upcoming vinyl figurine set here. [H/T JamBase]
Promoted Content6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesNothing Compares To Stargazing Places Around The WorldWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtThe Best Cars Of All Time10 Of The Best Places Around The World To Go StargazingTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueTop 10 Must-Know Facts About Ivanka Trump10 TV Characters Who Were Destined To Become Iconic Football’s European Championships may have rescheduled from 2020 to June and July 2021 but organisers insisted Friday the event will retain its original name of Euro 2020. Euro 2020 will be played in 2021 but retains its original name and logo The competition was rescheduled due to the coronavirus on Tuesday, pushed back 12 months to June 11 to July 11 next year to clear the way for suspended domestic competitions to wrap up if conditions allow. As the event quickly became known as Euro 2021, European football’s governing body UEFA moved swiftly to insist they were keeping the original name and logo. “Although it will provisionally take place from 11 June – 11 July 2021, #EURO2020 will still be known as UEFA EURO 2020,” UEFA said on Twitter.Advertisement Loading… UEFA said the postponement “will help all domestic competitions, currently on hold due to the COVID-19 emergency, to be completed” as it made a “commitment” to finishing club seasons by June 30. Their announcement came after crisis talks with national associations, as well as clubs and players bodies via a videoconference, as Europe fights to deal with the health crisis. Read Also: Coronavirus: Messi shows incredible skills in toilet roll challenge (Video) Twenty of the 24 nations set to take part in the Euro have already qualified, but play-offs to determine the final four participants, due to be played this month, have been postponed. UEFA said those matches, and other scheduled friendlies, would be played in June subject to a review of the situation. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
As a result of the change, SU’s coaches can work at any camp in the country and host a camp anywhere in New York state.The ban was originally adopted by the Division I Council, but now the Board of Directors wants the council to conduct a “broad assessment of the FBS recruiting environment,” according to the NCAA’s release.On March 3, Syracuse head coach Dino Babers said “sure” when asked if he’d consider having satellite camps. “I think it’s an advantage, yeah,” he added on whether or not they help recruiting. Comments Published on April 28, 2016 at 4:34 pm Contact Jon: [email protected] | @jmettus AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Facebook Twitter Google+ The NCAA Division I Board of Directors has rescinded a rule adopted earlier this month, which prohibited Football Bowl Subdivision coaches from holding or working at camps and clinics away from their school.The Atlantic Coast Conference previously had a rule which prevented schools from working a camp more than 50 miles away from campus, but, in light of the NCAA’s reversal, will allow conference coaches to work at other schools’ camps and allow camps to be held within the school’s state or within 50 miles of campus if outside the state, ESPN’s Brett McMurphy and Andrea Adelson reported.
StumbleUpon Winning Post: Swedish regulator pushes back on ‘Storebror’ approach to deposit limits August 24, 2020 Submit Related Articles Global Gaming adds sportsbook extension to Ninja property August 25, 2020 LeoVegas AB has written an open letter to the Swedish gaming inspectorate Spelinspektionen, urging it to clarify its interpretation of the new deposit limit.The letter follows on from disparities in the interpretation of new regulations introduced by the Minister of Health Ardalan Shekarabi which outline new deposit and stake limits for the duration of 2020.In the letter, LeoVegas said: “Only a few days after the Minister of Health’s temporary restrictions came into force, it is clear that the gaming companies have interpreted the new regulation in very different ways.“The chaos that the gaming industry warned about has now occurred, as a result of a hasty and weakly substantiated proposal. We now appeal to the Gaming Inspectorate to clarify to the industry what applies regarding the deposit restrictions.“On 2 July, extensive changes took effect in the Swedish gaming market, based on directives from the responsible Minister Ardalan Shekarabi. The new regulation received strong and unanimous criticism from both private and state gaming companies in both referral rounds.“Spelinspektionen, which is set to ensure that the regulation is followed, also had several objections. Among other things, against the extremely short time given to the gaming companies to implement the extensive changes and the risk of reduced channeling.“The chaos that the gaming industry, like other experts, warned of has now occurred. It is technically difficult to distinguish the products on a platform that intends to meet the requirements for both a good gaming experience and a high level of consumer protection. For fear of more million fines, most companies have been forced to deal with the new restrictions by putting a limit on all products, even though sports and horses are not covered by the regulation.”Shekarabi faced widespread criticism from betting and gaming companies with regards to the legislation, with CEOs warning that the new regulations could drive players to gamble on unregulated sites.The SEK5,000 (€500) weekly deposit and SEK100 (€10) bonus offer limits, which are not applicable to the horse racing and sports betting industry, primarily affect the country’s online casino and slots sector.The letter continued: “We are not envious of the Gaming Inspectorate, which did not itself support the changes, but unfortunately it is now their task to clarify very quickly with regard to the deposit restrictions.“We in the industry work for a continued sustainable gaming market and strong consumer protection, but it is difficult when hasty proposals that have the opposite effect are now puzzling an entire industry.“Our message has always been clear; restrictions and measures must be based on well-substantiated facts and thorough impact assessments, otherwise the clock risks turning back to what it looked like before reregulation.“We are now in a situation where neither the private nor the state-controlled companies know how to act and it is obvious that different actors interpret the new regulation in different ways. The question is who really benefits from this apart from the companies that are outside the licensing system?“In light of the above, the gaming industry is looking forward to the Swedish Gaming Inspectorate’s clarification regarding the interpretation of the new deposit limit.” Share Share Soft2Bet continues new market drive with Irokobet launch August 26, 2020