Tag: 上海花千坊1314

FAI flash red card to local newspaper for ‘very negative comment’

first_imgEmail Advertisement Facebook NewsLocal NewsFAI flash red card to local newspaper for ‘very negative comment’By admin – February 24, 2011 678 Twitter Previous articleFriars’ generous gift remains unopenedNext articleMixed fortunes for Limerick admincenter_img Linkedin WhatsApp THE Football Association of Ireland (FAI) has criticised a Limerick newspaper (not the Limerick Post) for “addressing in such a negative manner, the work done by the association throughout the country”.City Council’s director of services, Pat Dowling, told councillors this week that the FAI had written to city council, following an address given in City Hall by businessman, Pat O’Sullivan, owner and chairman of Limerick FC, last December.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Not reading directly from the four page letter, Mr Dowling said the FAI voiced their concern that the newspaper’s coverage of Mr O’Sullivan’s presentation had included “very negative comment, rather than the good work done by the FAI throughout the country.“The FAI is at the very centre of things on the ground in Limerick to break down social barriers in the city,” the letter stated.“I and my colleagues can present to the Strategic Policy Committee the work done by us in Limerick,” the FAI executive wrote.Cllr Tom Shortt said he had been very impressed with Mr O’Sullivan’s contribution to the December meeting“Since then he has got a number of very good projects going, including training for young people with apraxia, which is very positive and while there was some unhappiness regarding the Barcelona match for Limerick, there was a perception that it could have gone ahead here – however, discussion is healthy, especially regarding the Market’s Field arena for soccer and other positive developments. I hope we see more people glad to crack the nut that is the Market’s Field,” he said.Emphasising the importance of the FAI playing a central role in the playing of soccer in Limerick city, Mr Dowling said he will be organising a meeting with the FAI and other key players in the development of the Market’s Field, including City of Limerick VEC. Printlast_img read more

Orsted remains focused on U.S. offshore wind market

first_imgOrsted remains focused on U.S. offshore wind market FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享The Wall Street Journal:Danish energy company Ørsted A/S is considering a bid for several U.S. offshore-wind projects and already has the required funding in place, the company’s finance chief said.“There are a lot of auctions coming up in the U.S.,” said Ørsted Chief Financial Officer Marianne Wiinholt in an interview Friday with CFO Journal. “We feel we are well-positioned.”The U.S. would be key to Ørsted’s efforts to grow its global footprint. The company has installed about 25% of the installed offshore-wind capacity in the world, according to Marcus Bellander, an analyst at Nordea Bank AB.Earlier in August, Ørsted made its first major investment in the U.S. when it agreed to buy Lincoln Clean Energy LLC, a Chicago-based onshore wind and solar company, for $580 million.Bidding for capacity in the U.S. is next on the agenda. Massachusetts, New York and New Jersey each plan to select a bidder for offshore-wind projects in the coming quarters. Connecticut is set to announce the winner of a zero-carbon energy project in the next few months. The company hasn’t made a decision on which U.S. projects it will target. “We are looking into all of them,” Ms. Wiinholt said.The CFO’s comments come after Ørsted lost out in an auction in Massachusetts in May. It was a major setback in its quest to enter the U.S. market. “This was unexpected,” Mr. Bellander said.More ($): Denmark’s Ørsted plans to bid on new U.S. offshore-wind projectslast_img read more

Ray Parlour sends message to Arsenal over Bukayo Saka amid Manchester United and Liverpool links

first_img Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle: Mikel Arteta press conferenceTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 7:05FullscreenArsenal 4-0 Newcastle: Mikel Arteta press conferencehttps://metro.co.uk/video/arsenal-4-0-newcastle-mikel-arteta-press-conference-2112002/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.‘Saka was excellent again on the left-hand side, he had another really good game. I think he has to get tied down now on a new contract. I think they are trying to organise it at the moment.‘At the moment Arsenal are 10th in the table, which isn’t good enough, but Lacazette’s goal and how the players celebrated, they knew he needed that.‘There are a lot of changes that need to be made at Arsenal but there is a feel-good factor again.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘I think the supporters are getting behind the team and suddenly they are thinking: next season, could we really have a go?‘I think fifth place is still wide open for quite a few clubs, so big game Sunday against Everton.’Arsenal are seven points behind fourth-placed Chelsea with 12 league matches of the 2019-20 season remaining.MORE: Bukayo Saka refuses to commit to Arsenal future as contract talks rumble onMORE: Arsene Wenger hits back at Unai Emery and denies Arsenal were in decline Ray Parlour sends message to Arsenal over Bukayo Saka amid Manchester United and Liverpool links Comment Arsenal starlet Bukayo Saka is attracting interest from Man Utd and Liverpool (Picture: Getty)Ray Parlour has urged Arsenal to tie Bukayo Saka down to a long-term contract as the teenage sensation continues to be linked with Premier League rivals Manchester United and Liverpool.Saka made his Arsenal debut last season under former Gunners boss Unai Emery and has already played 24 games for his boyhood club this term.The 18-year-old has received rave reviews for his performances over the past month or so and Arsenal legend Parlour says he was ‘excellent’ in Sunday’s 4-0 win over Newcastle United.But the former Gunners star is concerned about Saka’s future, with Arsenal struggling to tie him down to a new deal and Manchester United and Liverpool both circling.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTReflecting on Arsenal’s emphatic victory over Newcastle and the Gunners’ form under Mikel Arteta, Parlour told talkSPORT: ‘He [Nketiah] struggled a bit first half – holding the ball up, and that’s what Lacazette does so well.‘He holds the ball up and brings other players into play, while Eddie was a little bit of a struggle first half. Second half, he did much better, he had a couple of opportunities.‘That is where managers have to make big decisions. At least he is showing that he will give the youngsters a go. Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 18 Feb 2020 11:02 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link734Shares Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

NaFAA Somersaults on WB Support Claims

first_imgMeeting at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington DC, (R-L): Berengere Prince (Senior Resource Economist And Regional Task Team Leader for WARFP, Jingjie Chu Senior Natural Resource Economist and WARFP TTL for Liberia, Ghana and Sierra Leone), Abratha Doe, (Deputy Ambassador to Washington DC), Emma Metieh-Glassco (Director General of NaFAA), Ms. Diarietou Gaye (Director Strategy and Operations Africa Region), Beatrix Allah-Mensah (Senior Operations Officer).Says press statement contained misrepresentationsIn the wake of a March 21 2019, press statement from the National Fisheries and Aquaculture Authority (NaFAA), declaring that a US$21 million fisheries project for Liberia was underway with sponsorship from the World Bank, the World Bank has since, on March 25, 2019 issued a Press statement rebutting the report.The NaFAA press statement had disclosed that following what it called fruitful discussions with the World Bank, its Director-General, Emma Metieh Glassgow, was able to secure an agreement for the construction of a modern state-of-the-art fishing and processing facility as well as the establishment of landing jetties in five coastal counties.But this assertion was almost immediately countered by the World Bank which issued a statement debunking such claims, stressing that a new fishing project for Liberia will be determined only after the Bank’s Director for Regional Integration comes on board.The Bank also said a strategic decision will be made to fit the country’s priority needs and was as such setting the record straight that no decision has been made to that effect.But in an abrupt about-turn, the NaFAA yesterday issued a statement acknowledging that the World Bank did not make any funding commitments for the new project. It clarified that its previous press statement contained a misrepresentation of facts surrounding its Director-General’s meeting with the World Bank, adding that administrative action has already been taken to remedy the situation.The NaFAA further clarified that it was fully aware of ongoing administrative and structural changes at the Bank which has occasioned a temporary pause on all new project activities but it remains hopeful that in time due consideration will be given to support NaFAA’s priority interventions for sustainable development of the fisheries sector.Meanwhile, the NaFAA has said it takes pride in the commendations emanating from the World Bank’s Directors for what it has achieved over the period, and it remains committed to the sustainable management of Liberia’s fisheries resources towards the overall achievement of the government’s Pro-poor Agenda for Prosperity and Development.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more