The illness was found in an Alberta beef cow estimated to be between 8 and 10 years old, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) announced. Given the cow’s age, it was probably exposed to the disease either before or shortly after Canada banned the feeding of cattle protein to cattle and other ruminants in 1997, the agency said. Officials are trying to identify the cow’s birth farm so they can verify the animal’s age, find its herd mates, and locate potential sources of contaminated feed. Three BSE cases have been found in the United States so far, the latest one in an Alabama cow last March. The cow was tested in the course of Canada’s BSE surveillance program, which targets high-risk cattle. “No part of the animal’s carcass entered the human food or animal feed systems,” the CFIA said. Canada’s seventh BSE case was identified Jul 13 in a 50-month-old dairy cow from Alberta, a discovery that prompted concern because the cow was born several years after the 1997 feed ban took effect. The sixth case, in a cow from Manitoba, was announced just days earlier, on Jul 4. See also: The United States banned imports of Canadian cattle and beef after Canada’s first BSE case in May 2003. The border was reopened to boneless beef from young cattle a few months later, but live cattle were banned until July 2005, when officials reopened the border to cattle destined for slaughter before reaching 30 months of age. Aug 23, 2006 (CIDRAP News) Canada has identified its eighth case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), or mad cow disease, just a few weeks after the seventh case. Jul 14 CIDRAP News story “Canada confirms 7th BSE case; US joins probe”
Thus, Valamar guarantees its employees a minimum net income in the amount of HRK 5.000 to HRK 7.500 for a full monthly fund of hours, a 13th salary in the amount of HRK 5.000 net to all permanent employees and those who will work for at least 2019 months in 10, special rewards in the amount of from 1.200 to 2.000 kuna for seasonal workers and a Christmas bonus of 2.000 kuna for full-time employees. The company provides all its employees who come to work in Valamar’s destinations from other parts of Croatia and the region with quality accommodation and hot meals, and from this year seasonal workers who will work in Rabac will be accommodated in a hotel with a swimming pool. With competitive salaries, a system of motivation and rewards, as well as career development opportunities and employee health care, Valamar Riviera justifies its status as a top employer in tourism. Crucial factors in the election were, among other things, workplace relations, job security and social responsibility of the employer, as well as leadership in the sector, salary and other benefits offered by the employer, according to Valamar Riviera. “At Valamar Riviera, we are aware that investing in people is necessary for sustainable growth and development, especially in tourism. With progressive wage growth and other investments in human resources development, Valamar, as a leading company in tourism, wants to be an example of good practice for other employers as well. We are proud of the fact that we are the company that offers the best conditions for work and career development in tourism, which confirms this great recognition.” she stated Ines Damjanić Šturman, Director of the Human Resources Sector at Valamar Riviera. Valamar Riviere employee Valamar Riviera took a high 7th place in the ranking of top employers in Croatia, jumping five places in the ranking compared to last year. Valamar is still the only tourist company that is in the prestigious company of the top 20 employers in Croatia, chosen by almost 20.000 respondents to the research of the MojPosao portal, which was conducted in 2018 and 2019. This year, Valamar has created about 400 new jobs, and in the 2019 season from Istria and Kvarner to Dubrovnik it will employ more than 7.000 employees in 34 hotels and resorts and 15 camping resorts. Also, Valamar has so far invested more than 60 million kuna in quality accommodation for the employees of the Valamar House in Poreč, Rabac and Krk, and the Valamar House in Dubrovnik is also under construction.
At the field in stadium Grbavica this weekend and under the organization of the Association of Fans of FK Željezničar, the memorial tournament “Dževad Begić Đilda” will be held in memory of the legendary fan that lost his life from a sniper on Pofalići on 11.07.1992.The tournament will be the largest one so far with 44 teams.Awards have been prepared for the best sponsors.Sponsors of the tournament are Fan shop FK Željezničar, Twin Cakes, Hercegovina vino and Red Bull. The first place team will win six new polo shirts from the Fan Shop, 50 KM and a winning cake from Twin Cakes. The second place team will win 60 KM and a prize, and the third place team will win 40 KM and a prize.“We call on all fans of our club to come tomorrow and participate in the tournament’’, said in a statement of the Association of Fans of FK Željezničar.(Source: klix.ba)
Last night, the renovated sports fields that will offer a new form of entertainment in the open to citizens of Zenica, were officially opened on Kamberovica polje in Zenica.Two volleyball and two basketball courts were renovated in the last 15 days on Kamberovica polje, despite rainfall and high temperatures.New sports fields will provide a new form of entertainment, refreshments and recreation until the late night hours to the citizens of Zenica.Deputy Director of PE for managing and maintenance of sports facilities in Zenica, Mugdim Elezovic, said that this is only the beginning of reconstruction of Kamberovica polje.“These fields were necessary in Zenica and to citizens of Zenica, and with them we rounded sports offer in the city along with tennis and football fields. We will not stop here and we will implement some more projects in the future,” said Elezovic.The goal of the Public Enterprise in the coming period is to make sports facilities for badminton, reconstruct chess fields and make the best use of the remaining two concrete fields.(Source: ekapija.ba)
This week I talk with the West Palm Beach Fire chief Diana Matty about the stressful job of Florida 911 dispatchers and the crazy calls they handle.Also, what you need to know before you dial 911.Listen to Full Rigor Podcast here.The State of Florida is strategically focused on the safety of our residents and tourists. As such, the Department of Management Services and the E911 Board are working to transition Florida to Next Generation 911 (NG-911), which will allow 911 systems to receive all types of emergency communications, including voice, text, data, and multimedia information.Here is a brief timeline of 911 efforts:Since 1973, the State of Florida, in conjunction with local counties, has been funding technological advancements in statewide emergency number 911 systems to serve citizens and visitors in emergency situations. Basic service was established statewide in 1997.In 2005, 911 service was improved in all 67 counties with the implementation of wireline enhanced 911, “E911,” services to obtain the 911 caller’s telephone number and address.In 2007, the Wireless 911 Board transitioned to the E911 Board for Enhanced 911 Services. Enhancements for Wireless E911 Phase I service provides the call back number and the location of the cell site, and Phase II provides the location information for the cellular caller. This level of service was completed in March 31, 2008.Counties are currently working on technical, funding, and deployment issues in an effort to provide statewide text-to-911 services.
Eight out of 30 teams, over the weekend, will advance for the National 3rd Division Playoffs after preliminary battles in four venues in Maryland, Margibi, Grand Cape Mount and Nimba Counties.According to the fixture, two teams from each of the 15 counties are to compete in the first ever-decentralized preliminary rounds of the 2014 National 3rd Division Playoff.Sinoe County’s Greenville FC and White House United FC as well as River Gee’s Survival FC did not show up for their games.However, in the southeastern region at the Harper Sports pitch, Tycoon FC of Maryland County and Grandcess FC from Grand Kru County triumphed in their encounters.Margibi County’s Young Pro-G FC and Kilo FC from Grand Bassa County qualified from the South Central Region at the Kakata Sports Pitch in Margibi County. According to the Deputy Secretary General for Operations at the LFA, Emmanuel Deah, Paye FC of Rivercess County filed a protest against Kilo FC for fielding an illegal player.“If Paye FC wins the protest, she will automatically qualify and Kilo FC will drop,” Mr. Deah said.In the North Western Region, No Bad Day FC and Joy Conquerors FC, both from Montserrado County, crossed over.In the last region, Mighty Dragon FC from Bong County and Sac FC of Lofa County qualified for the Playoff.The Secretary General of the LFA, Alphonso Armah, in a telephone interview described the preliminary round as successful and said the fixture for the Playoff will be announced this weekend.He stated that in an effort to promote and develop the game, registration fees for the 3rd division Playoff, like yesteryears, have been waived.“At the end of the 3rd division’s matches at the Antoinette Tubman Stadium three teams will be promoted to 2nd division,” Armah opined.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)